Solution to Telangana issue would be found soon: AP Cong
Hyderabad: The ruling Congress in Andhra Pradesh on Friday expressed hope that a solution would soon be found to the contentious Telangana issue.
"It is a sensitive issue. We wish that a quick solution is found. I am sure a solution acceptable to all will be found. The Centre and Congress high command are looking into it," state Congress president Botsa Satyanarayana told reporters here.
He was replying to queries on TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao`s comments that he had indications over the formation of separate Telangana in a few months. However, the PCC president refused to comment on Chandrasekhar Rao`s remarks.
Meanwhile, Satyanarayana wondered why YSR Congress honorary president YS Vijayalakshmi was silent on the doubts she had expressed over her husband YS Rajasekhara Reddy`s death when she met Prime Minister in Delhi recently.
She campaigned about the death of Rajasekhara Reddy during the recent bye-elections only to gain political mileage, he charged.
Talking about the announcements recently made by main opposition Telugu Desam for the benefit of backward classes, the PCC president maintained that welfare of backward sections has always been a part of Congress party`s agenda.
Asked about the acute shortage of power in the state, he said the Congress, as well as the state government felt about it and is making efforts to address the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi