Soothsayers hold sway on Andhra New Year day
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh celebrated Telugu New Year’s Day Ugadi today without the shadow of a separate Telangana statehood and soothsayers of political parties holding sway.
Over the last few years, a forecast over the formation of a separate state in that particular year had become a mandatory feature of the traditional panchanga sravanam (reading of the almanac) on Ugadi day.
Of course, such prediction used to come out only from the Telangana Bhavan, headquarters of Telangana Rashtra Samiti, where its astrologer would invariably bet over the formation of a separate state during that year.
That the predictions never came true is a matter of fact, which the TRS too could not wish away.
There was no prediction this time about the planets, positive influence, on Telangana region that would eventually ensure formation of a separate state.
Hence, it did not organize any `panchanga sravanam` in its office today on the occasion of Ugadi.
The state government as well as the major political parties in Andhra Pradesh have reduced the panchanga sravanam, which Telugu people would eagerly await listening to at the start of the new year, to a farce by getting amusing predictions made by their respective astrologers on Ugadi day every year.
Interestingly, there was no political discourse at the panchanga sravanam organized by Telugu Desam Party at NTR Bhavan today.
Ruling Congress, on the other hand, got to hear some soothing music at its state headquarters Gandhi Bhavan when the party`s soothsayer told Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy, PCC president Botsa Satyanarayana, several ministers and other leaders about that good things were in store for the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack