South Central Rly to cancel 88 train services in AP
Hyderabad: In view of rail blockade call
given by `Samaikyandhra Joint Action Committee` and Telangana
JAC in three regions of Andhra Pradesh Tuesday, the South
Central Railway (SCR) is cancelling 88 train services.
Due to the proposed `rail roko` in Andhra Pradesh
tomorrow, the SCR has decided to cancel 39 passenger trains
and 49 MMTS (a local service) to prevent damage to railway
property, an SCR release said tonight.
"The cancellations have been kept at bare minimum so
as not to inconvenience the passengers. However, if the
situation turns volatile, SCR may cancel/reschedule more
trains at short notice," SCR Chief Public Relations Officer
Chandrima Roy said.
All 49 MMTS services between Secunderabad and
Falaknuma, six local trains between Secunderabad and
Umdanagar, 10 trains between Falaknuma and Umdanagar, two
trains between Falaknuma and Bollarum are among the passenger
trains that have been cancelled.
Long distance trains may get delayed enroute and/or
may be regulated/rescheduled, Roy said adding SCR is making
arrangements for food and water at stations so that passengers
are not inconvenienced.
The `Samaikyandhra JAC` called for `rail roko`
tomorrow opposing bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh in coastal
Andhra and Rayalaseema regions, while the Telangana JAC also
called for a rail and road blockade in the Telangana region
tomorrow in support of their separate state demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video