SP not shielding Raja Bhaiya: Ram Gopal Yadav
Ghaziabad: Amid criticism over killing of a DSP in Pratapgarh, the Samajwadi Party on Monday said it is not shielding former minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh `Raja Bhaiya`, who his facing charges of his involvement in the murder.
Rajya Sabha MP Ram Gopal Yadav said Raja Bhaiya would not have been booked in the case had the party been trying to save him.
Alleging conspiracy to tarnish the image of Uttar Pradesh, Yadav said the number of crime cases reported in UP are well below that reported in Delhi, despite the fact that the latter is several times bigger than the national capital region.
On Jama Masjid Shahi Imam Syed Ahmad Bukhari`s allegations that UP government has failed to give security to Muslims, Yadav said the SP is more concerned about Muslims than the cleric.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'