Special cell for missing kids, child labourers
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Police on Friday
announced to set up a special cell for missing children and
child labourers at the CID office here.
The main objective of the cell is to rescue children, who
are likely to take to crime or begging, Additional DGP (Law
and Order) SA Huda said.
Prevention of trafficking of girls is also one of the
issues that the cell would focus on, Huda added.
Senior officer Umapati has been named the nodal officer
of the cell.
NGOs and civil society members have been requested to
contact the nodal officer for suggestions and contributions
for the success of this initiative, a release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far