Special cell for missing kids, child labourers
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Police on Friday
announced to set up a special cell for missing children and
child labourers at the CID office here.
The main objective of the cell is to rescue children, who
are likely to take to crime or begging, Additional DGP (Law
and Order) SA Huda said.
Prevention of trafficking of girls is also one of the
issues that the cell would focus on, Huda added.
Senior officer Umapati has been named the nodal officer
of the cell.
NGOs and civil society members have been requested to
contact the nodal officer for suggestions and contributions
for the success of this initiative, a release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi