Special Officer of Tirupati Devasthanam transferred
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh Government
today transferred a special officer of Tirumala Tirupati
Devasthanam for allegedly being involved in the temple`s
A V Dharma Reddy, an Indian Defence Estate Service (IDES)
officer, has now been posted as Secretary of Andhra Pradesh
Information Commission in Hyderabad, a Government Order issued
by state Chief Secretary S V Prasad stated.
The employees` unions of the TTD have been demanding the
transfer of Dharma Reddy for past few days following the
alleged suicide of Suresh, a TTD employee.
The union leaders alleged that Suresh committed suicide
after being unable to bear the harassment by Dharma Reddy.
Alleging that Dharma Reddy was involved in the `Arjita
Seva` ticket scam and also in the suicide of Suresh, the
employees` union leaders demanded that the officer be
repatriated to his parent department.
Dharma Reddy, however, denied the allegations and
insisted that he had nothing to do with Suresh`s suicide.
Significantly, the transfer of Dharma Reddy came hours
after the Specified Authority, to run the TTD, assumed office
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'