Special Officer of Tirupati Devasthanam transferred
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh Government
today transferred a special officer of Tirumala Tirupati
Devasthanam for allegedly being involved in the temple`s
A V Dharma Reddy, an Indian Defence Estate Service (IDES)
officer, has now been posted as Secretary of Andhra Pradesh
Information Commission in Hyderabad, a Government Order issued
by state Chief Secretary S V Prasad stated.
The employees` unions of the TTD have been demanding the
transfer of Dharma Reddy for past few days following the
alleged suicide of Suresh, a TTD employee.
The union leaders alleged that Suresh committed suicide
after being unable to bear the harassment by Dharma Reddy.
Alleging that Dharma Reddy was involved in the `Arjita
Seva` ticket scam and also in the suicide of Suresh, the
employees` union leaders demanded that the officer be
repatriated to his parent department.
Dharma Reddy, however, denied the allegations and
insisted that he had nothing to do with Suresh`s suicide.
Significantly, the transfer of Dharma Reddy came hours
after the Specified Authority, to run the TTD, assumed office
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India