Special Officer of Tirupati Devasthanam transferred
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh Government
today transferred a special officer of Tirumala Tirupati
Devasthanam for allegedly being involved in the temple`s
A V Dharma Reddy, an Indian Defence Estate Service (IDES)
officer, has now been posted as Secretary of Andhra Pradesh
Information Commission in Hyderabad, a Government Order issued
by state Chief Secretary S V Prasad stated.
The employees` unions of the TTD have been demanding the
transfer of Dharma Reddy for past few days following the
alleged suicide of Suresh, a TTD employee.
The union leaders alleged that Suresh committed suicide
after being unable to bear the harassment by Dharma Reddy.
Alleging that Dharma Reddy was involved in the `Arjita
Seva` ticket scam and also in the suicide of Suresh, the
employees` union leaders demanded that the officer be
repatriated to his parent department.
Dharma Reddy, however, denied the allegations and
insisted that he had nothing to do with Suresh`s suicide.
Significantly, the transfer of Dharma Reddy came hours
after the Specified Authority, to run the TTD, assumed office
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir