Special Officer of TTD transferred, Authority takes charge
Hyderabad/Tirupati: A V Dharma Reddy,
Special Officer of Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam (TTD, was
today shifted by the Andhra Pradesh Government in the wake of
an alleged suicide by a temple employee and a ticket scam in
the popular shrine.
Reddy`s transfer came within hours after a three-member
TTD Specified Authority comprising senior IAS officers,
constituted by the state government to run the TTD in the wake
of allegations of irregularities at the hill temple of Lord
Venkateswara at Tirumala, assumed charge today.
Reddy, an Indian Defence Estate Service (IDES) officer,
has now been posted as Secretary of the Andhra Pradesh
Information Commission in Hyderabad, said a Government
Order issued by state Chief Secretary S V Prasad.
The employees` unions of the TTD have been demanding
the transfer of Reddy in the last few days following the
alleged suicide of Suresh, a TTD employee.
The union leaders alleged that Suresh committed suicide
unable to bear the harassment by Reddy.
Alleging that Reddy was involved in the `Arjita
Seva` ticket scam and also the suicide of Suresh, the
employees` union leaders demanded that the Special Officer be
repatriated to his parent department.
Reddy, however, denied the allegations and insisted he
had nothing to do with the suicide of Suresh.
In Tirupati, J Satyanarayana, Special Chief Secretary,
Medical and Health took oath as Chairman while I Y R Krishna
Rao, TTD Executive Officer and V Nagireddy, Managing Director
of AP Industrial Development Corporation, took oath as members
of the Specified Authority, TTD sources said.
The government had constituted the authority in the wake
of several allegations of irregularities, especially the much
publicized multi-crore rituals tickets scam.
The authority was constituted on August 24, the day when
the term of the TTD Board, headed by D K Adikesavulu Naidu
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?