Specific alert was sent to Hyderabad Thursday morning: Centre
New Delhi: A specific alert warning attack by Pakistan-based terrorist group was shared by central security agencies with Hyderabad police on Thursday morning, Home Ministry officials said on Friday.
Twin blasts ripped through a crowded market in Hyderabad yesterday, leaving 16 dead and 120 injured.
The ministry had sent specific alert yesterday morning to four cities -- Hyderabad, Bangalore, Coimbatore and Hubli -- warning them of probable attacks by terrorists, they said.
Besides, Maharashtra and Gujarat police forces were also sent the alert, the officials said.
According to Home Ministry officials, the alerts were also sent to all states on February 19 and 20, that Pakistan-based terrorist groups may carry out attacks in a major city to avenge the hanging of 26/11 terrorist Ajmal Kasab and Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
They said the central security agencies had sent an advisory on Tuesday asking all states to tighten security in sensitive places as Lashkar-e-Toiba, Jaish-e-Mohammad and Hizbul Mujahideen may launch attacks.
The security agencies sent another advisory on Wednesday saying banned Indian Mujahideen may carry out terror attacks to avenge the hanging of Kasab and Guru.
Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde had yesterday said all states were alerted about a possible terror strike by militant groups.
However, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy had said those were general alerts which often keep coming from the Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray