Srikrishna committee on Telangana to submit report on Dec 30
Hyderabad: The Justice Srikrishna Committee
appointed by the Centre on Telangana issue is expected to
submit its report to Union Home Ministry on December 30, a day
ahead of its deadline, official sources said here Wednesday night.
Though there was speculation that the submission of the
report may be delayed by a few months in view of the
surcharged atmosphere in the state, committee Chairman Justice
Srikrishna as well as member-secretary V K Duggal has said
they would be submitting their report "in time."
Accordingly, the committee has chosen December 30 as the
date for handing over its report to the Union Home Ministry,
the sources said.
Srikrishna and his colleagues in the committee are
visiting Hyderabad tomorrow. Besides state Governor E S L
Narasimhan and Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, the
committee members will meet Chief Secretary S V Prasad,
Director General of Police K Aravinda Rao and leaders of
various political parties. They will also interact with the
media, according to an official communiqué?
The committee was constituted on February 3 this year in
the wake of the demand for and against the bifurcation of
The committee toured the state extensively and elicited
the views of not only political parties but also all other
stakeholders, including the common people, on bifurcation
It received thousands of representations from all
sections and also collected huge statistical data from the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh