Srikrishna committee on Telangana to submit report on Dec 30
Hyderabad: The Justice Srikrishna Committee
appointed by the Centre on Telangana issue is expected to
submit its report to Union Home Ministry on December 30, a day
ahead of its deadline, official sources said here Wednesday night.
Though there was speculation that the submission of the
report may be delayed by a few months in view of the
surcharged atmosphere in the state, committee Chairman Justice
Srikrishna as well as member-secretary V K Duggal has said
they would be submitting their report "in time."
Accordingly, the committee has chosen December 30 as the
date for handing over its report to the Union Home Ministry,
the sources said.
Srikrishna and his colleagues in the committee are
visiting Hyderabad tomorrow. Besides state Governor E S L
Narasimhan and Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, the
committee members will meet Chief Secretary S V Prasad,
Director General of Police K Aravinda Rao and leaders of
various political parties. They will also interact with the
media, according to an official communiqué?
The committee was constituted on February 3 this year in
the wake of the demand for and against the bifurcation of
The committee toured the state extensively and elicited
the views of not only political parties but also all other
stakeholders, including the common people, on bifurcation
It received thousands of representations from all
sections and also collected huge statistical data from the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report