State taking measures to develop Girijan areas, says AP CM
Paderu (AP): Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy said that the state government was taking measures to develop Girijan areas.
Interacting with Girijans (hill people) at Dalimputtu village in the Paderu mandal in Visakhapatnam district during the last leg of Indiramma Baata programmed here today, the chief minister said that the government was concentrating on education, health, road connectivity to villages and other facilities in Girijan areas.
Stating that the Girijans were backward compared to people in the plains, he said it was the government`s responsibility to provide all aminities.
He said that the government would open residential schools and hospitals in the Girijan areas and lay tar roads in the villages with a population of 100.
He advised Girijans to educate their children to compete with children from the plains.
"You have to educate your children. Education is very important. Don`t neglect your children`s education. The government will provide all facilities for your children`s education and health," he said.
He underlined the need for creating awareness among Ggirijans about provisions of the Girijan Sub-Plan Bill which was passed by the assembly recently. He was surprised when no one raised their hand when he asked about the provisions and benefits of the Girijan Sub-Plan.
Explaining the sub plan, he said that the government would spend 6.6 per cent of the state budget allocation in accordance with the population for the development of Girijan areas.
When a Girijan youth complained that officials were not clearing applications providing ration cards, old age and widow pensions, he said that all problems would be solved in a review meeting to be conducted later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'