State taking measures to develop Girijan areas, says AP CM
Paderu (AP): Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy said that the state government was taking measures to develop Girijan areas.
Interacting with Girijans (hill people) at Dalimputtu village in the Paderu mandal in Visakhapatnam district during the last leg of Indiramma Baata programmed here today, the chief minister said that the government was concentrating on education, health, road connectivity to villages and other facilities in Girijan areas.
Stating that the Girijans were backward compared to people in the plains, he said it was the government`s responsibility to provide all aminities.
He said that the government would open residential schools and hospitals in the Girijan areas and lay tar roads in the villages with a population of 100.
He advised Girijans to educate their children to compete with children from the plains.
"You have to educate your children. Education is very important. Don`t neglect your children`s education. The government will provide all facilities for your children`s education and health," he said.
He underlined the need for creating awareness among Ggirijans about provisions of the Girijan Sub-Plan Bill which was passed by the assembly recently. He was surprised when no one raised their hand when he asked about the provisions and benefits of the Girijan Sub-Plan.
Explaining the sub plan, he said that the government would spend 6.6 per cent of the state budget allocation in accordance with the population for the development of Girijan areas.
When a Girijan youth complained that officials were not clearing applications providing ration cards, old age and widow pensions, he said that all problems would be solved in a review meeting to be conducted later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city