Statehood for Coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema demanded
Hyderabad: Coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema
have lagged behind in development in Andhra Pradesh and
formation of separate state for the two regions would
facilitate focused growth, the Centre-appointed committee on
Telangana was told on Monday.
"People of Coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema have lost a
lot due to the special concessions given to Telangana like
those related to government jobs," Andhra Joint Action
Committee told the Srikrishna Committee here.
"We demanded formation of a separate state for
Rayalaseema and Coastal Andhra with Vijayawada as its
capital," S Krishna Murthy, convener of Andhra JAC, told
reporters after a meeting with the Srikrishna panel members.
Andhra Dalit Mahasabha, a Dalit outfit, also demanded
a separate state for Rayalaseema and Coastal Andhra.
"Only two castes are dominating all others in the two
regions. Formation of separate Andhra state by excluding
Telangana would herald equitable development," Katti Padma
Rao, leader of Dalit Mahasabha, claimed.
The Srikrishna panel members are on a three-day visit
to the city from today for consultations with various groups.
Leaders of the two pro-Andhra groups later met TRS
President K Chandrasekhar Rao, who has announced that he would
go to Vijayawada to give a push to the separate Andhra
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Orlando Bloom 'happy' for Miranda Kerr
- Planning to visit Africa? Check out these top 5 places for sure
- Whoa! Deepika Padukone meets Ranbir Kapoor, Fawad Khan on 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' sets?
- Punjab braveheart challenges J&K separatists, says will hoist tricolour at Srinagar's Lal Chowk on Aug 15 - Watch
- 'Kabali' mints $2 mn from North America premieres