Statehood for Coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema demanded
Hyderabad: Coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema
have lagged behind in development in Andhra Pradesh and
formation of separate state for the two regions would
facilitate focused growth, the Centre-appointed committee on
Telangana was told on Monday.
"People of Coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema have lost a
lot due to the special concessions given to Telangana like
those related to government jobs," Andhra Joint Action
Committee told the Srikrishna Committee here.
"We demanded formation of a separate state for
Rayalaseema and Coastal Andhra with Vijayawada as its
capital," S Krishna Murthy, convener of Andhra JAC, told
reporters after a meeting with the Srikrishna panel members.
Andhra Dalit Mahasabha, a Dalit outfit, also demanded
a separate state for Rayalaseema and Coastal Andhra.
"Only two castes are dominating all others in the two
regions. Formation of separate Andhra state by excluding
Telangana would herald equitable development," Katti Padma
Rao, leader of Dalit Mahasabha, claimed.
The Srikrishna panel members are on a three-day visit
to the city from today for consultations with various groups.
Leaders of the two pro-Andhra groups later met TRS
President K Chandrasekhar Rao, who has announced that he would
go to Vijayawada to give a push to the separate Andhra
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical