Step up vigil after hooch tragedy, Excise Dept told
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Friday directed officials of the Prohibition and Excise Department to step up vigil and check illicit liquor trade in the state.
The Chief Minister`s directive came after four persons died after consuming illicit liquor in Vijayawada this morning.
Reddy has expressed grief over the incident and directed Excise Commissioner Sameer Sharma and Krishna District Collector Syed Ali Murtaza Rizvi to conduct an inquiry and submit a report, the Chief Minister`s Office (CMO) said in a release here.
Reddy asked the officials to provide medical assistance to two other persons admitted to hospital following consumption of illicit liquor. Necessary relief should be provided to the bereaved families, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you