Step up vigil after hooch tragedy, Excise Dept told
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Friday directed officials of the Prohibition and Excise Department to step up vigil and check illicit liquor trade in the state.
The Chief Minister`s directive came after four persons died after consuming illicit liquor in Vijayawada this morning.
Reddy has expressed grief over the incident and directed Excise Commissioner Sameer Sharma and Krishna District Collector Syed Ali Murtaza Rizvi to conduct an inquiry and submit a report, the Chief Minister`s Office (CMO) said in a release here.
Reddy asked the officials to provide medical assistance to two other persons admitted to hospital following consumption of illicit liquor. Necessary relief should be provided to the bereaved families, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH