Stop illegal mining by Reddy firm or resign: TDP to Andhra CM
Hyderabad: Opposition Telugu Desam Party in
Andhra Pradesh on Saturday said Chief Minister K Rosaiah should step
down if he could not immediately halt "illegal" mining carried
out by Karnataka Minister G Janardhana Reddy`s Obulapuram
"You are turning a blind eye to the illegal mining
activity by the company. You are unfit to be the Chief
Minister if you can`t stop the illegal mining even after the
Central Empowered Committee gave clear instructions in this
regard," TDP President N Chandrababu Naidu said at a press
Referring to the report submitted by the CEC to the
Supreme Court, the TDP President wondered what was the state
government still waiting for when the committee clearly
recommended that all the mining activity along the Andhra-
Karnataka border be suspended at once. "Do you want the
Supreme Court also to give orders?"
The former Chief Minister said TDP would not hesitate to
stop the trucks illegally shipping iron ore from Obulapuram to
Krishnapatnam port for export.
Naidu said the mining mafia had bought over everyone and
was dictating terms.
The Vice President said India and China were important
elements of "architecture of cooperation" in the Asian region
for taking advantage of the region’s increasing economic
integration and facing threats of terrorism, weapons of mass
destruction, pandemics and security of sea lanes.
The way in which India and China deal with challenges such
as terrorism, illegal migration, smuggling of drugs and arms,
and pandemics, would affect large parts of Asia, Ansari said.
"The joint vision of the leaderships in India and China is
to ensure a global order in which our simultaneous development
will have a positive impact for our peoples and economies, as
also for the rest of the world," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- DoT to issue demand notices this week to 6 telcos for 2006-07
- Not Virat Kohli but Joe Root is the best batsman in cricket: Muhammad Yousuf
- Priyanka Chopra to join Hollywood stars for anti-poverty concert
- Cleanliness an issue at railway stations, needs to be addressed: CAG
- Bhagwant Mann video exposed whole security system of Parliament, finds Lok Sabha probe panel