Strong fight will be put up to achieve Telangana state: TRS
Hyderabad: TRS President K Chandrasekhar
Rao said a strong fight should be put up to achieve the
separate statehood goal for Telangana after the Centre-
appointed Srikrishna Committee submits its report.
"The Srikrishna Committee is going to submit its
report by the year-end. We are getting good news from the
Centre. But we have to put up a strong fight to achieve the
goal (of statehood)," he said, addressing a group of workers
who reportedly quit TDP and jointed TRS.
TDP workers from all over Telangana are joining TRS as
they have realised that the main Opposition party`s chief N
Chandrababu Naidu is against the separate Telangana demand,
"It was Chandrababu Naidu who changed colours faster
than a chameleon after the Centre announced its decision to
form separate Telangana. TDP leaders from Telangana should
protest their leader`s attitude first. Instead, they say they
will hold a sit-in in front of Sonia Gandhi`s residence. This
is nothing but a drama," he alleged.
His remarks are part of the ongoing war of words
between TDP and TRS. While Rao alleges that it was Naidu who
stopped the formation of separate Telangana by changing his
party`s stance on the issue, TDP leaders say the TRS chief was
trying to defame their party at the behest of the ruling
Meanwhile, Singapore Consul General in Chennai Ajit
Singh called on the TRS President this evening.
"It was a courtesy call. I objective is to call on a
senior political leader in the state," Singh told PTI.
Singh sought to know about the ongoing Telangana
agitation and its impact on various issues like investments,
TRS sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!