Student outrages the modesty of minor tribal girl
Karimnagar: An engineering student allegedly outraged the modesty of a minor tribal girl at Godavarikhani in Karimnagar district, nearly 70 km from here on Friday, the police said.
The accused, Gandra Amar (22), a B Tech student tried to allegedly rape a minor girl (11) near a school in Godavarikhani town, the Deputy Superintendent of Police G Uday Kumar said.
He said that the girl is an anganwadi school student, which is allegedly run by the mother of the accused.
The police registered a case under Section 354 (b) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) against the accused for outraging the modesty of minor girl (attempting to commit rape on the minor girl), after a complaint by the minor girl`s parents.
No arrest has been made so far, but the police has indicated that it might take him into custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate