Student protests forces Osmania Univ to review exam schedule
Hyderabad: In the backdrop of continuing
violent protests as part of Telangana agitation by students at
the Osmania University campus here, varsity authorities today
held a meeting to review the academic calendar for the ongoing
semester and for the examination schedule for under graduate
and post graduate courses.
Osmania University`s in-charge Vice-Chancellor D N Reddy
discussed with deans, principals and other officials the
academic calendar for the ongoing semester and also for
working out the examination schedule for UG and PG courses.
Reddy said saving of the academic year to protect the
long term interests of the students was the top priority
before the university and stressed the need for ensuring the
smooth conduct of classes and examinations.
The meeting finalised the revised almanac for second and
fourth semesters of PG courses and it was also decided to
commence the BA, BSc and BCom annual exams from March 25
The University will conduct the leftover exams of
previous semester for the foreign students on March 11, 12 and
13, while the detailed timetable and revised almanac will be
display on the university website (www.osmania.ac.in) shortly,
a release said.
Exams of Osmania University`s PG Courses have been
repeatedly postponed following boycott threats last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket