Students take out rallies across Telangana
Hyderabad: Thousands of students took out
rallies across Telangana in support of their demand for
Raising slogans for separate Telangana, the students
of schools, colleges and various universities in towns like
Warangal, Mahabubnagar, Nalgonda and Medak participated in the
rallies and formed human chains.
They demanded that the Centre take immediate steps for
formation of Telangana state.
The rallies were organised as part of the agitations
called by the Telangana political Joint Action Committee (JAC)
after the en masse resignations of MPs, MLAs and MPs cutting
across party lines over the separate state demand.
The JAC had organised a shutdown on July 5 and 6. It
had planned to organise `rail roko` on July 8 and 9, but the
protest has been postponed as a meeting of all public
representatives, who have quit their posts, would be held soon
to discuss future course of action.
The JAC currently comprises TRS, BJP and a number of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- MCI could be dead; new body may nurse medical education in India
- G20 nations warn of Brexit risk to global growth
- Flood threat: Water level on rise in various rivers in Bihar; Kosi, Bagmati flow above danger mark
- Our plan was to bowl maiden overs against West Indies, says Umesh Yadav
- India bowled with a lot of discipline, says Kraigg Brathwaite