Students take out rallies across Telangana
Hyderabad: Thousands of students took out
rallies across Telangana in support of their demand for
Raising slogans for separate Telangana, the students
of schools, colleges and various universities in towns like
Warangal, Mahabubnagar, Nalgonda and Medak participated in the
rallies and formed human chains.
They demanded that the Centre take immediate steps for
formation of Telangana state.
The rallies were organised as part of the agitations
called by the Telangana political Joint Action Committee (JAC)
after the en masse resignations of MPs, MLAs and MPs cutting
across party lines over the separate state demand.
The JAC had organised a shutdown on July 5 and 6. It
had planned to organise `rail roko` on July 8 and 9, but the
protest has been postponed as a meeting of all public
representatives, who have quit their posts, would be held soon
to discuss future course of action.
The JAC currently comprises TRS, BJP and a number of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert