Students take out rallies across Telangana
Hyderabad: Thousands of students took out
rallies across Telangana in support of their demand for
Raising slogans for separate Telangana, the students
of schools, colleges and various universities in towns like
Warangal, Mahabubnagar, Nalgonda and Medak participated in the
rallies and formed human chains.
They demanded that the Centre take immediate steps for
formation of Telangana state.
The rallies were organised as part of the agitations
called by the Telangana political Joint Action Committee (JAC)
after the en masse resignations of MPs, MLAs and MPs cutting
across party lines over the separate state demand.
The JAC had organised a shutdown on July 5 and 6. It
had planned to organise `rail roko` on July 8 and 9, but the
protest has been postponed as a meeting of all public
representatives, who have quit their posts, would be held soon
to discuss future course of action.
The JAC currently comprises TRS, BJP and a number of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Bodoland groups to relaunch statehood agitation next week
- Claudio Bravo joins Manchester City as Joe Hart`s replacement
- Flood situation remains grim in Bihar, eases in Madhya Pradesh
- Don't let India use your soil against us, Pakistan tells Afghanistan
- Congress rushes in defence of 'sidelined' AAP Punjab convener