Sudanese student held for carrying bullet
Hyderabad: A student, hailing from the Sudan, was arrested on Friday at the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport here for allegedly carrying a 9mm bullet in his baggage, police said.
Mohammed Elnoaman, who had come to the city a year ago on a student visa, underwent a computer course and was returning to his country after his visa expired, they said.
However, one 9mm bullet was found in his baggage by the airlines staff while he was boarding a flight to Sudan from the RGI airport today and they handed him over to Shamshabad Airport police.
During questioning, Elnoaman told police that one of his friends in Sudan had given him the bullet earlier.
He was arrested under relevant sections of Arms Act and produced before a court which remanded him to judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu, Dipa Karmakar, Pullela Gopichand to be gifted BMW cars
- Expect 8% GDP growth in FY17 on back of good monsoon: Shaktikanta Das
- Saarc FMs meet focused on trade, tax avoidance pacts: Das
- Centre to replace J&K governor? Five names doing rounds as his successor
- Arun Jaitley pitches for BRICS arbitration platform