Sudanese student held for carrying bullet
Hyderabad: A student, hailing from the Sudan, was arrested on Friday at the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport here for allegedly carrying a 9mm bullet in his baggage, police said.
Mohammed Elnoaman, who had come to the city a year ago on a student visa, underwent a computer course and was returning to his country after his visa expired, they said.
However, one 9mm bullet was found in his baggage by the airlines staff while he was boarding a flight to Sudan from the RGI airport today and they handed him over to Shamshabad Airport police.
During questioning, Elnoaman told police that one of his friends in Sudan had given him the bullet earlier.
He was arrested under relevant sections of Arms Act and produced before a court which remanded him to judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal