Sudanese student held for carrying bullet
Hyderabad: A student, hailing from the Sudan, was arrested on Friday at the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport here for allegedly carrying a 9mm bullet in his baggage, police said.
Mohammed Elnoaman, who had come to the city a year ago on a student visa, underwent a computer course and was returning to his country after his visa expired, they said.
However, one 9mm bullet was found in his baggage by the airlines staff while he was boarding a flight to Sudan from the RGI airport today and they handed him over to Shamshabad Airport police.
During questioning, Elnoaman told police that one of his friends in Sudan had given him the bullet earlier.
He was arrested under relevant sections of Arms Act and produced before a court which remanded him to judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?