Sudanese student held for carrying bullet
Hyderabad: A student, hailing from the Sudan, was arrested on Friday at the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport here for allegedly carrying a 9mm bullet in his baggage, police said.
Mohammed Elnoaman, who had come to the city a year ago on a student visa, underwent a computer course and was returning to his country after his visa expired, they said.
However, one 9mm bullet was found in his baggage by the airlines staff while he was boarding a flight to Sudan from the RGI airport today and they handed him over to Shamshabad Airport police.
During questioning, Elnoaman told police that one of his friends in Sudan had given him the bullet earlier.
He was arrested under relevant sections of Arms Act and produced before a court which remanded him to judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore