Sumatra quake: Nine AP districts put on high alert
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh government
on Wednesday put officials of nine coastal districts in the state on
high alert following the massive earthquake in Indonesia.
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy directed Collectors
of coastal districts in the state to take all precautionary
measures and utilise the services of armed forces, if
required, to meet any eventuality.
He asked the Collectors to open control rooms and direct
fishermen, who ventured into the sea, to return home
immediately and also evacuate people from the beaches, a
release from the CMO said.
The AP Disaster Management Department has also opened a
round-the-clock control room in the state secretariat here to
monitor the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley