Supplementary chargesheet filed against Jagan
Hyderabad: The CBI on Tuesday filed a supplementary chargesheet in the alleged disproportionate assets case of Kadapa MP YS Jaganmohan Reddy.
It is a supplementary chargesheet for the first chargesheet which was filed against Jagan on March 31, according to CBI`s Deputy Legal Advisor B Ravindhra Nath.
The investigating agency has so far filed three chargesheets in the case.
In the first charge sheet, the CBI, which named Jagan and 12 individuals and firms Trident Life Sciences, Aurobindo Pharma and Hetero Drugs as accused, alleged that the YSR Congress Party chief got investments of several crores from firms into his business as part of quid-pro-quo when his late father YS Rajasekhara Reddy was the chief minister during 2004-09.
Ravindra Nath said an additional Rs 5.25 crore which came into Jagan`s firms has been identified by the probing agency as bribe amount for the favours done to `some` persons.
He said the agency filed supplementary charge sheet today adding Section 9 of Prevention of Corruption Act (taking gratification, for exercise of personal influence with public servant) against the accused.
Jagan was arrested by the CBI on May 27 before being questioned for two days.
The CBI registered the FIR against Jaganmohan Reddy and 74 others in the case on August 17, 2011 in the case of illegal assets and alleged flow of illegal investments into his business empire.
It registered cases under Sections 120-B (criminal conspiracy), 420 (cheating), 409 (criminal breach of trust) and 477A (falsification of accounts) of the Indian Penal Code, besides Section 13 of the Prevention of Corruption Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?