Supporters visit Jagan in numbers at fast venue
Nizamabad: Kadapa MP YS Jagan Mohan
Reddy`s fast over farmer issues at Armoor in Nizamabad
district in Telangana went off smoothly on the second day
on Wednesday with supporters visiting him in good numbers.
Raising slogans, Telangana supporters tried to express
their protest at the fast venue but they were removed by
Alleging that Jagan, who hails from Rayalaseema region
of Andhra Pradesh, has an anti-Telangana attitude, TRS and the
Telangana political Joint Action Committee (JAC) had called
for protests against the Kadapa MP`s 48-hour fast.
Asserting that it respected the sentiments of people
of Telangana, Jagan`s YSR Congress Party has maintains it is
for the Centre to take a decision on the statehood issue.
The Telangana supporters squatted on the roads, threw
stones, eggs and other objects on Jagan’s convoy while he was
on his way to Armoor from Hyderabad yesterday.
However, the protests were not strong enough to deter
him from starting his fast. Jagan had a smooth passage and he
could only reach Armoor in the night as he met his supporters
and farmers en-route.
A large number of supporters, including women, met
Jagan at the fast venue today and interacted with him.
The YSR Congress leader demanded that the Government
set up a price stabilisation fund for providing minimum
support price for farmers and also ensure nine hours of free
hour supply to them as promised by his father late Chief
Minister YS Rajasekhara Reddy.
He also sought immediate relief for drought-hit
farmers in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak