Surgeons sentenced to imprisonment for bribery
Hyderabad: A local court convicted two doctors trapped by Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) in connection with a bribe case pertaining to 2003.
Accused doctors M Srikanth Reddy and B Sunil Kumar, both civil assistant surgeons at Nizamabad district headquarters were trapped by ACB officials on September 8, 2003 when they accepted Rs 800 as a bribe from a complainant for carrying out a tonsils operation on him.
The Second Additional Special Judge for ACB cases sentenced the surgeons to rigorous imprisonment for one year and fined them Rs 20,000 for each offence under relevant sections of the Prevention of Corruption Act, an ACB release said here today.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: Rare CCTV video of Ajmal Kasab and other terrorists of 26/11 Mumbai attacks
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate