Suri murder: Seven-day police custody for two accused
Hyderabad: Two accused arrested in connection with the sensational murder of faction leader Suryanarayana Reddy alias Suri were today remanded in seven days police custody by a local court here.
Manmohan Singh Bhaduria and S Subbaiah, who were arrested along with two others B V Hari Babu and A Venkataramana by Central Crime Station and Task Force sleuths of Hyderabad Police on January 30 are presently under judicial custody till February 11 and lodged in the Chanchalguda Jail here while Bhanu Kiran, the prime accused in the murder of Suri, who was also his aide, continues to evade the police.
The CCS Police had yesterday filed a petition in the Nampally court seeking seven-days police custody of Bhaduria and Subbaiah for interrogating them further as Singh was an accomplice-cum-gunman of Bhanu.
The Nampally court today remanded Singh and Subaiah in police custody for seven days from tomorrow, a senior police officer said adding, "The interrogation of the duo is very important and is likely to give more details into the investigation of Suri`s murder."
Suri, a faction leader from Anantapur district of Rayalaseema region of Andhra Pradesh, who was the prime accused in the killing of TDP legislator Paritala Ravi, was shot dead by gunmen in his car at Navodaya colony here on January 3 and police had strongly suspected the role of Bhanu and his associates behind the killing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'