Suspected case of dishonour killing in Warangal
Warangal (AP): In a case of suspected dishonour killing, a woman was killed by her parents in Warangal district on Thursday after she insisted on marrying her lover from another caste, police said.
Padma (21) of Thimmampet village of Jafargadh mandal was killed by her own parents who did not approve her choice of life partner, according to the Wardhannapet Circle Inspector of Police.
Bikshpati and his wafe Kaliamma last night beat their daughter in the wee hours but her parents kept this incident a secret.
"After learning about the incident, we went to the village and took the parents into custody," the inspector said.
Padma`s parents had got her engaged to a boy from her own caste a few weeks ago, but she refused to marry him.
"Enraged with her behaviour, her parents beat her to death," he said.
Her body was sent to Wardhannapet Civil Hospital for postmortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will not bow to labour reform protestors: French PM Manuel Valls
- Former Punjab CM Beant Singh's grandson shoots himself, dies
- Photo alert! First look of Dwayne Johnson from 'Fast & Furious 8'!
- Celebs slam AIB's Tanmay Bhat for mocking Sachin Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar! – Details inside
- Japanese parents leave son in mountains as punishment, now a massive search in underway