Suspected case of dishonour killing in Warangal
Warangal (AP): In a case of suspected dishonour killing, a woman was killed by her parents in Warangal district on Thursday after she insisted on marrying her lover from another caste, police said.
Padma (21) of Thimmampet village of Jafargadh mandal was killed by her own parents who did not approve her choice of life partner, according to the Wardhannapet Circle Inspector of Police.
Bikshpati and his wafe Kaliamma last night beat their daughter in the wee hours but her parents kept this incident a secret.
"After learning about the incident, we went to the village and took the parents into custody," the inspector said.
Padma`s parents had got her engaged to a boy from her own caste a few weeks ago, but she refused to marry him.
"Enraged with her behaviour, her parents beat her to death," he said.
Her body was sent to Wardhannapet Civil Hospital for postmortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!