Suspected case of dishonour killing in Warangal
Warangal (AP): In a case of suspected dishonour killing, a woman was killed by her parents in Warangal district on Thursday after she insisted on marrying her lover from another caste, police said.
Padma (21) of Thimmampet village of Jafargadh mandal was killed by her own parents who did not approve her choice of life partner, according to the Wardhannapet Circle Inspector of Police.
Bikshpati and his wafe Kaliamma last night beat their daughter in the wee hours but her parents kept this incident a secret.
"After learning about the incident, we went to the village and took the parents into custody," the inspector said.
Padma`s parents had got her engaged to a boy from her own caste a few weeks ago, but she refused to marry him.
"Enraged with her behaviour, her parents beat her to death," he said.
Her body was sent to Wardhannapet Civil Hospital for postmortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!