Suspected case of dishonour killing in Warangal
Warangal (AP): In a case of suspected dishonour killing, a woman was killed by her parents in Warangal district on Thursday after she insisted on marrying her lover from another caste, police said.
Padma (21) of Thimmampet village of Jafargadh mandal was killed by her own parents who did not approve her choice of life partner, according to the Wardhannapet Circle Inspector of Police.
Bikshpati and his wafe Kaliamma last night beat their daughter in the wee hours but her parents kept this incident a secret.
"After learning about the incident, we went to the village and took the parents into custody," the inspector said.
Padma`s parents had got her engaged to a boy from her own caste a few weeks ago, but she refused to marry him.
"Enraged with her behaviour, her parents beat her to death," he said.
Her body was sent to Wardhannapet Civil Hospital for postmortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail