Suspended constable arrested in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: City police Monday arrested dismissed head constable Giriprasad Sarma, who had taken a Superintendent of Police captive last month to protest alleged harassment.
The Saifabad police arrested Sarma and produced him before a local court that remanded him to 14-days judicial custody. He was later shifted to Chanchalguda central prison, a senior police officer said.
On the evening of September 12, Sarma held SP of Police Transport Organisation E Lakshmi Narayana captive at a lodge here for nearly four hours. Director General of Police V Dinesh Reddy, through a telephone conversation, finally persuaded Sarma to release the SP.
Sarma had reportedly stated that he was being harassed by superior officers.
Next day, Narayana lodged a complaint with the Saifabad police here, who registered a kidnapping case against Sarma.
"Sarma was removed from service on October 12 under the Constitutional provisions (of Article 311) on charge of kidnapping the SP. Besides, there were also some proven allegations against Sarma," official sources had earlier said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Some parties trying to create anti-Centre sentiment, says Venkaiah Naidu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog