Suspended constable arrested in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: City police Monday arrested dismissed head constable Giriprasad Sarma, who had taken a Superintendent of Police captive last month to protest alleged harassment.
The Saifabad police arrested Sarma and produced him before a local court that remanded him to 14-days judicial custody. He was later shifted to Chanchalguda central prison, a senior police officer said.
On the evening of September 12, Sarma held SP of Police Transport Organisation E Lakshmi Narayana captive at a lodge here for nearly four hours. Director General of Police V Dinesh Reddy, through a telephone conversation, finally persuaded Sarma to release the SP.
Sarma had reportedly stated that he was being harassed by superior officers.
Next day, Narayana lodged a complaint with the Saifabad police here, who registered a kidnapping case against Sarma.
"Sarma was removed from service on October 12 under the Constitutional provisions (of Article 311) on charge of kidnapping the SP. Besides, there were also some proven allegations against Sarma," official sources had earlier said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Shocking CCTV footage of deadly suicide blasts at Istanbul's Ataturk airport captured: Watch
- Kejriwal chides Goa CM over tainted relative
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet brings cheers for Armed forces; salary more than doubled
- Barcelona's Luis Suarez confident Lionel Messi will reverse his decision to retire
- 7th Pay Commission: Demand to push growth; modest risk to inflation