T-JAC plans to step up agitation for Telangana demand
Hyderabad: The Telangana Joint Action Committee (JAC) on Sunday announced plans to block highways and organise a `Chalo Assembly` during this month and early March as part of intensifying the separate statehood agitation.
The Hyderabad-Bangalore road and the Hyderabad-Vijayawada highway would be blocked on February 24 and March 2 respectively, JAC Chairman M Kodandaram told reporters here after a meeting of the committee.
The JAC would organise a massive `Chalo Assembly` programme during the Budget session of the Andhra Pradesh Assembly, which is likely to take place in the third week of March, he said.
A campaign to mount pressure on the MLAs in Telangana region would be undertaken from February 16 to 21.
Taking exception to the Centre`s move to hold further consultations on the contentious Telangana issue, the JAC had announced that it would step up the agitation for achieving an early decision on the statehood demand.
The meeting was attended by representatives of TRS and others, besides various other organisations like pro-Telangana employees of Andhra Pradesh government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...