T-JAC plans to step up agitation for Telangana demand
Hyderabad: The Telangana Joint Action Committee (JAC) on Sunday announced plans to block highways and organise a `Chalo Assembly` during this month and early March as part of intensifying the separate statehood agitation.
The Hyderabad-Bangalore road and the Hyderabad-Vijayawada highway would be blocked on February 24 and March 2 respectively, JAC Chairman M Kodandaram told reporters here after a meeting of the committee.
The JAC would organise a massive `Chalo Assembly` programme during the Budget session of the Andhra Pradesh Assembly, which is likely to take place in the third week of March, he said.
A campaign to mount pressure on the MLAs in Telangana region would be undertaken from February 16 to 21.
Taking exception to the Centre`s move to hold further consultations on the contentious Telangana issue, the JAC had announced that it would step up the agitation for achieving an early decision on the statehood demand.
The meeting was attended by representatives of TRS and others, besides various other organisations like pro-Telangana employees of Andhra Pradesh government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?