Take stern action against those who indulge in ragging: DIG
Rajahmundry: The Eluru Range DIG
Mahesh Baghwat on Wednesday said that colleges should take stringent action against those who indulge in ragging in educational
He held a meeting with various college principles,
revenue officials and police officials dealing with ragging
cases, where he said, everybody in the society should strive
to curtail ragging in educational institutions.
He said that nowadays more ragging cases are being
reported in various vocational colleges. He directed the
college administrations to take stringent action against those
who indulge in ragging.
He said according to 1997 Anti-Ragging Act, Section 7,
the students who indulge in ragging act and educational
institutions which have not taken action against those who
indulge in ragging are punishable.
The East Godavari District Collector, M Ravichandra
said the principals who did not attend the meeting should give
an explanation for their absence. It was the meeting organised
under the direction of Supreme Court, he said.
If action taken against one student for indulging in
ragging, other students would fear to rag others. Pamphlets
have been published in this regard to create awareness among
the students, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea