Talks continue on Telangana: Sushilkumar Shinde
Hyderabad: Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Friday said talks continued to find a solution to the Telangana issue.
Talking to reporters after reviewing the passing out parade at the National Police Academy here, he said the central government was holding talks with parliament members from the region.
He, however, refused to say anything about possible solutions to the contentious issue.
Shinde said he had no information about Telugu Desam Party (TDP) chief N Chandrababu Naidu sending a letter to the centre on Telangana issue. "It is good if suggestions are made to solve the problem. We welcome any good suggestion," he said.
He also declined to speak about the all-party meeting proposed to be convened by the central government.
With the central government giving no indication of an early solution to the problem, the Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS), which is spearheading the movement for separate statehood for the Telangana region in Andhra Pradesh, is holding a brain-storming session next week to chalk out its future course of action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video