Talks continue on Telangana: Sushilkumar Shinde
Hyderabad: Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Friday said talks continued to find a solution to the Telangana issue.
Talking to reporters after reviewing the passing out parade at the National Police Academy here, he said the central government was holding talks with parliament members from the region.
He, however, refused to say anything about possible solutions to the contentious issue.
Shinde said he had no information about Telugu Desam Party (TDP) chief N Chandrababu Naidu sending a letter to the centre on Telangana issue. "It is good if suggestions are made to solve the problem. We welcome any good suggestion," he said.
He also declined to speak about the all-party meeting proposed to be convened by the central government.
With the central government giving no indication of an early solution to the problem, the Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS), which is spearheading the movement for separate statehood for the Telangana region in Andhra Pradesh, is holding a brain-storming session next week to chalk out its future course of action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores