Talks continue on Telangana: Sushilkumar Shinde
Hyderabad: Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Friday said talks continued to find a solution to the Telangana issue.
Talking to reporters after reviewing the passing out parade at the National Police Academy here, he said the central government was holding talks with parliament members from the region.
He, however, refused to say anything about possible solutions to the contentious issue.
Shinde said he had no information about Telugu Desam Party (TDP) chief N Chandrababu Naidu sending a letter to the centre on Telangana issue. "It is good if suggestions are made to solve the problem. We welcome any good suggestion," he said.
He also declined to speak about the all-party meeting proposed to be convened by the central government.
With the central government giving no indication of an early solution to the problem, the Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS), which is spearheading the movement for separate statehood for the Telangana region in Andhra Pradesh, is holding a brain-storming session next week to chalk out its future course of action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter