Talks continue on Telangana: Sushilkumar Shinde
Hyderabad: Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Friday said talks continued to find a solution to the Telangana issue.
Talking to reporters after reviewing the passing out parade at the National Police Academy here, he said the central government was holding talks with parliament members from the region.
He, however, refused to say anything about possible solutions to the contentious issue.
Shinde said he had no information about Telugu Desam Party (TDP) chief N Chandrababu Naidu sending a letter to the centre on Telangana issue. "It is good if suggestions are made to solve the problem. We welcome any good suggestion," he said.
He also declined to speak about the all-party meeting proposed to be convened by the central government.
With the central government giving no indication of an early solution to the problem, the Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS), which is spearheading the movement for separate statehood for the Telangana region in Andhra Pradesh, is holding a brain-storming session next week to chalk out its future course of action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users