Talks with Telangana lawmakers to continue: Azad
Jammu: The talks with Congress lawmakers
from Telangana region, who have resigned on the statehood
issue, have not closed, Union Minister and AICC incharge for
Andhra Pradesh Ghulam Nabi Azad said on Friday.
"The talks would continue. The talks have not been
closed," Azad told reporters on the sidelines of a function in
R S Pura belt.
He was replying to queries related to the demand for
Telangana issue taking the centre-stage again after over 100
MLAs and 15 MPs, cutting across party lines, submitted their
resignations to respective presiding officers.
"I and MPs and MLAs (of Congress who resigned in
support of demand for creation of Telangana) had two rounds of
talks over the issue of Telangana. We did not talk to all of
them but to their representatives," the Union Health Minister
"In the past two days, we held two rounds of talks
with those MPs and MLAs, who have resigned. I have full hope
that talks would continued," Azad said.
To a question about ministers resigning from the Union
Cabinet in the wake of the 2G scam, Azad said, "It is
unfortunate that such things are happening....Law will take
its own course.
"In the eyes of the law, there is no difference
between a minister and non-minister," he said.
In reply to a question on separatist leader Syed
Ali Shah Geelani`s statement against stone-pelting, Azad
said, "This is good statement. We have said this for years
that bullet and stones cannot lead to any result. It is not in
favour of the state".
Azad said violence would only harm the development
process in the state. "I want to congratulate the people of
Kashmir Valley particularly the youth that they have realised
that bullet and stones are no solution to the problem," Azad
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself