Talwars demand documents used in CBI probe
Ghaziabad: The parents of Aarushi Talwar,
who was killed nearly two-and-a-half years ago, moved a plea
before the special CBI Court here today asking for documents
that the agency has filed along with its closure report.
Counsel for Aarushi`s family Satish Tamta said the
court also asked the CBI to file original documents by
tomorrow in place of photocopies as done earlier.
"We filed the petition asking for copies of documents
that the CBI had submitted on January 7. The court also asked
the CBI to file original documents by tomorrow as they had
given photocopies," Tamta told PTI.
The court had earlier ordered the CBI to provide
Aarushi`s parents Rajesh and Nupur Talwar, both dentists, a
copy of the closure report filed by it in the case and fixed
January 21 as the next date for hearing. The report was
provided to Talwars on the same day.
In its closure report, CBI held Rajesh as the prime
suspect but said it had insufficient evidence to file a
chargesheet against him. The CBI conclusions were trashed by
Rajesh and Nupur.
14-year-old Aarushi was found murdered in her room with
her throat slit at the Talwar`s residence in Noida near Delhi
on May 16, 2008. The body of Hemraj was found on the terrace
the next day.
The court had on January three directed the agency to
bring the case diary for examination on the next date of
The judge had also rejected an application filed by
Aarushi`s parents against closure of the case, saying
that their plea was not maintainable at this stage and had
asked them to appear before the court.
The CBI had on December 29 filed a report to close the
probe clearing the names of three servants -- Raj Kumar,
Krishna and Vijay Mandal -- in the murder case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP