Tandava boat mishap: Searches on to trace 10 missing persons
Visakhapatnam: A team of expert
divers from Navy on Monday launched extensive search operations to
trace 10 missing persons, a day after a country-made boat
capsized in Tandava reservoir in Andhra Pradesh.
The mishap occurred when 14 villagers of Ammapeta in
Golugonda mandal in Visakhapatnam district were returning in a
country-made boat, after worshipping a local deity on a
The seven-member team launched searches in the
reservoir this morning for the missing persons, mostly
children aged between 10-12, with the help of villagers,
Visakhapatnam Rural SP Vineet Brijlal, who is supervising the
operation, told a news agency.
Bodies of two girls, who drowned in the boat tragedy
have been retrieved from the reservoir while searches are on
for 10 others, who are feared to be drowned, he said adding
two persons swam to safety yesterday.
As the boat was passing through the Tandava reservoir,
one of the passengers saw a snake in the boat which led to
panic among others and all of them went on one side of the
boat, following which it capsized, the SP said quoting one
of the survivors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!