Task force to review AP power-transport crisis
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh government
on Monday constituted two high-level task force units to "review
and find solutions" to power and transport crises caused by
the indefinite strike by employees of Telangana region.
Principal Secretaries of Energy and Transport will head
the task forces, according to a press release from the Chief
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy at a high-level
meeting with Deputy Chief Minister Damodara Rajanarasimha,
Finance Minister Aanam Ramanarayana Reddy, Chief Secretary S V
Prasad, Director General of Police V Dinesh Reddy and other
top officials, asked the task force headed by Principal
Secretary (Energy) to ensure power supply with "least
The task force headed by Principal Secretary (Transport)
has been asked to make alternative transport arrangements for
commuters as employees of the State Road Transport Corporation
too joined the indefinite strike today.
The Chief Minister said he would speak to Government
of India as well as his Haryana counterpart for extra supply
of coal and power to the state as the strike by employees of
Singareni Collieries coal mines has badly hit supplies to
thermal power plants.
With the National Thermal Power Corporation’s plant at
Ramagundam virtually closing shop due to shortage of coal, the
state is reeling under a power crisis forcing the power
distribution companies to impose cuts in supply.
The Railways has been requested to increase the number
of multi-modal transport system services in
Hyderabad-Secunderabad twin cities as RTC city buses remained
off the roads.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark