Task force to review AP power-transport crisis
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh government
on Monday constituted two high-level task force units to "review
and find solutions" to power and transport crises caused by
the indefinite strike by employees of Telangana region.
Principal Secretaries of Energy and Transport will head
the task forces, according to a press release from the Chief
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy at a high-level
meeting with Deputy Chief Minister Damodara Rajanarasimha,
Finance Minister Aanam Ramanarayana Reddy, Chief Secretary S V
Prasad, Director General of Police V Dinesh Reddy and other
top officials, asked the task force headed by Principal
Secretary (Energy) to ensure power supply with "least
The task force headed by Principal Secretary (Transport)
has been asked to make alternative transport arrangements for
commuters as employees of the State Road Transport Corporation
too joined the indefinite strike today.
The Chief Minister said he would speak to Government
of India as well as his Haryana counterpart for extra supply
of coal and power to the state as the strike by employees of
Singareni Collieries coal mines has badly hit supplies to
thermal power plants.
With the National Thermal Power Corporation’s plant at
Ramagundam virtually closing shop due to shortage of coal, the
state is reeling under a power crisis forcing the power
distribution companies to impose cuts in supply.
The Railways has been requested to increase the number
of multi-modal transport system services in
Hyderabad-Secunderabad twin cities as RTC city buses remained
off the roads.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand