TDP announces candidates for seven Seemandhra Lok Sabha seats
Hyderabad: The Telugu Desam Party (TDP) Wednesday announced candidates for seven Lok Sabha and 47 Assembly seats in Seemandhra.
The party has re-nominated three sitting MPs. Konakalla Narayana Rao will seek re-election from the Machilipatnam Lok Sabha constituency, Nimmala Kristappa from Hindupur and N. Sivaprasad from Chittoor.
Senior TDP leader and former state minister Ashok Gajapati Raju will contest for Lok Sabha from Vijayanagaram.
The party has named former state minister N. Mohammed Farooq as its candidate from Nandyal, while Rammohan Naidu and Maganti Babu will contest from Srikakulam and Eluru Lok Sabha constituencies respectively.
TDP chief N. Chandrababu Naidu released the first list of candidate for Seemandhra. The former chief minister will contest again from Kuppam assembly constituency in his native Chittoor district.
The party has re-nominated most of the sitting legislators.
Naidu said his party was the first to release the manifesto and also the first to announce the candidates. "The TDP is ahead of others and will emerge victorious. There are no second thoughts," he said.
Simultaneous elections to 25 Lok Sabha and 175 assembly seats in Seemandhra will be he held on May 7.
In Seemandhra, which will come into being as Andhra Pradesh state on June 2, the TDP is contesting the polls in alliance with the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). The national party will contest 15 assembly and five Lok Sabha seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon