TDP candidate files nomination for Nandigama Assembly bypoll
Vijayawada: Tangirala Sowmya filed her nomination as Telugu Desam Party (TDP) candidate on Friday for the Nandigama Assembly constituency by-election by submitting two sets of nomination papers to returning officer P Rajanikantha Rao.
She happens to be the daughter of Tangiral Prabhakara Rao whose death necessitated the by-election.
After receiving TDP president Chandrababu Naidu`s blessings on Friday, she reached the returning officer`s chamber along with MPs Konakalla Narayana Rao, Kesineni Srinivaas, Zilla Parishad Chairperson Gadde Anuradha and TDP MLA Sriram Rajagopal, besides a number of TDP members.
So far, no other candidate has filed nominations from this constituency after the bypoll notification was issued on August 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj