TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu unveils his `women`s declaration`
Vijayawada: Telugu Desam Party (TDP) president N Chandrababu Naidu announced his party manifesto for women here on Thursday coming out with the promise of implementing a slew of schemes for women`s welfare.
Naidu also announced a healthcare scheme for mother and child called `Pandanti Bidda` (a healthy baby) under which the government would pay Rs 10,000 to a mother for a period of six months after the delivery.
He announced this year as `Women`s Year` and said many schemes would be implemented for the welfare of women and security.
Naidu said the security, welfare, health and employment schemes would be launched by his government if TDP is voted to power.
He alleged Congress had totally failed to protect women from anti-social elements, questioning why the Nirbhaya Act had became "weak" and "is not properly implemented".
He said the Women`s Reservation Bill had not been passed due to various political reasons and that his party would fight for passage of the bill in parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical