TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu unveils his `women`s declaration`
Vijayawada: Telugu Desam Party (TDP) president N Chandrababu Naidu announced his party manifesto for women here on Thursday coming out with the promise of implementing a slew of schemes for women`s welfare.
Naidu also announced a healthcare scheme for mother and child called `Pandanti Bidda` (a healthy baby) under which the government would pay Rs 10,000 to a mother for a period of six months after the delivery.
He announced this year as `Women`s Year` and said many schemes would be implemented for the welfare of women and security.
Naidu said the security, welfare, health and employment schemes would be launched by his government if TDP is voted to power.
He alleged Congress had totally failed to protect women from anti-social elements, questioning why the Nirbhaya Act had became "weak" and "is not properly implemented".
He said the Women`s Reservation Bill had not been passed due to various political reasons and that his party would fight for passage of the bill in parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Counting underway - Big prestige battle for BJP and Shiv Sena
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Election Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena ahead in Mumbai, BJP gains lead in Pune; NCP wins 4 seats in Ulhasnagar