TDP chief kicks off campaign for Kadapa by-polls
Hyderabad: TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu
today kicked off his party`s campaign for the ensuing by-polls in Kadapa Lok Sabha and Pulivendula Assembly constituencies by
launching an attack on late Chief Minister Y S Rajasekhara
Reddy and his son Jaganmohan on the issue of corruption.
"There is no democracy in Kadapa and Pulivendula.
People here live in fear as YSR and Jagan turned these places
into their fiefdom and ran riot. Many TDP workers were killed
in Kadapa and Pulivendula in the last six years," Naidu
alleged, addressing a road show at Simhadripuram in
In contrast, the Kuppam constituency he represented
was a free place where anyone could campaign in elections
without any hitch, he claimed.
However, Naidu admitted that as Chief Minister between
1995 and 2004 he too had failed to an extent to curb
factionalism in the region.
He said rebel leader Jagan was planning to launch his
own political party only with an eye on the Chief Minister`s
chair but would return to Congress if the party offered him
He also took a dig at PRP chief Chiranjeevi for
deciding to merge his outfit with the Congress. "He
(Chiranjeevi) failed to achieve anything in politics in the
last two-and-a-half years and hence merged it with the
Congress under the pretext of social justice," Naidu said.
Flaying the Kiran Kumar Reddy government, the former
Chief Minister said administration in the state has miserably
"This government should hang its head in shame and
step down for having failed on all fronts. Farmers, weavers
and all segments have been totally left in the lurch," he
The TDP chief began his tour from Simhadripuram where
he visited families of handloom weavers. He later addressed
people at Pulivendula, the hometown of YSR.
Naidu was visiting Pulivendula after a gap of six
years. His last visit was for the campaign for municipal polls
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city