TDP chief Naidu declares assets
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam President N Chandrababu Naidu on Monday made public the total assets and liabilities of his and his family members, which stood at Rs 41.46 crore and at Rs 28.28 crore respectively.
Every September since 2011, Naidu has been declaring his assets "to be exemplary to others".
Today, he announced the total assets of his own and that of his family--wife, son and daughter-in-law.
The Opposition leader`s personal assets amount to Rs 42.06 lakh, which included Rs 17.33 lakh in savings bank account and a house worth Rs 23.20 lakh. "I have given only the acquisition value of the assets as the market values differ from time to time," he said.
His wife Bhuvaneswari, the main promoter of their family`s business enterprise Heritage Foods, has assets worth Rs 33.05 crore, while her liabilities (bank loans) amount to Rs 15.80 crore.
Besides, Bhuvaneswari and son Lokesh have stakes in Nirvana Holdings wherein their combined assets stood at Rs 25. 41 crore.
"To be exemplary, I have been declaring not only my personal assets but also those of my family members. Probity and transparency are important in public life," the former Chief Minister noted.
Naidu suggested necessary changes in the law to make it mandatory for all elected representatives to declare their assets once a year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price