TDP chief Naidu meets President on Telangana issue
New Delhi: Telugu Desam Party (TDP) chief N Chandrababu Naidu on Saturday met President Pranab Mukherjee and leaders of political parties in an attempt to find an amicable solution to the problem of division in Andhra Pradesh and creation of Telangana state.
In a memorandum submitted to the President, Naidu accused Congress of handling the "sensitive issue" with "political motives."
He alleged Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has also treated division of the state as "an internal affair of Congress party and failed to find a solution to the crisis".
"In view of the precarious developments in the state, I have written to the Prime Minister on August 9 and August 28 requesting him to resolve the issue amicably by building reconciliation between the agitation groups. But there is no tangible action from the government of India so far to resolve the crisis," the TDP leader said.
He said when the people of the state are going through "trauma and agony", it is expected that the Prime Minister would take a proactive role as a statesman to resolve the issues.
Instead, the Prime Minister`s advice to APNGO leaders to meet (AK) Antony Committee to air their grievances is "inappropriate" as the Antony committee is meant for resolving the internal disputes of Congress party, Naidu said.
"Thus, the handling of the sensitive issue by the Congress party with political motives has led to further intensification of agitations organised by the people themselves," he charged.
Seeking an amicable solution to the issue, he told Mukherjee that it was necessary to discuss the issue with various Joint Action Committees (JACs), civil society organisations and other stakeholders from both sides--Telangana and Seemandhra regions.
Naidu sought the President`s intervention to direct the Centre to "immediately discuss" with agitating people from both the sides and address their concerns to find an amicable solution to the "burning problem" in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack