TDP chief offers prayers at shrine of Lord Venkateswara
Tirupati: A day after being unanimously elected as legislative party leader, TDP Chief N Chandrababu Naidu offered prayers at the famous hill shrine of Lord Venkateswara at Tirumala here this morning.
He was accompanied by about 100 newly elected legislators and MPs, a temple official said.
Naidu, after a night halt on the hills, offered worship to the presiding deity of Lord Venkateswara this morning.
The temple management presented him with `prasadam` and a sacred silk cloth.
Later, speaking to media outside the shrine, Naidu said, "My main focus is to provide graft-free governance. The new government is committed to protect interests of the farmers and weaker sections of the society."
"Under the dynamic leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, India would have all round development and the country will soon become one of the greatest countries in the world", he said.
The activities of anti-social elements, including the red sander smugglers, in the state would be dealt with an iron hand. The red sander smuggling rampant on the sacred hills would be completely eradicated shortly, he said.
The new government would take all measures to protect the sanctity of the famous hill shrine of Lord Venkateswara. "We plan to introduce several pilgrim-friendly measures, including computerised bar-coded wrist band system that would save devotees from the ordeal of waiting for hours in queue for darshan of Lord Venkateswara", Naidu said.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- India to clock GDP growth of 7.4% in FY17: HSBC
- Jallikattu will be conducted next year in Tamil Nadu if DMK comes to power: Karunanidhi
- Interrogate 'driving force' in AgustaWestland scam: 10 things Subramanian Swamy said in Rajya Sabha
- Facebook's Instagram has a flaw: Anyone can delete your comments!
- Some activities of ISIS but no alarming situation: Govt