TDP chief resumes state-wide padyatra
Mahabubnagar (AP): TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu on Sunday resumed his state-wide `padayatra` in Mahabubnagar district after a two-day break due to the death of senior party leader K Yerran Naidu.
Travelling through several villages in the district, Naidu said the party would launch a scheme to ensure clean and safe drinking water if it came to power in the 2014 assembly elections.
Hitting out at the state-ruling Congress government, he alleged that Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy and other ministers were camping in Delhi for a party rally at a time when the state was facing unprecedented rains.
The TDP Chief would be touring rain-affected areas tomorrow, party sources said.
Naidu took a break from his `padayatra` in Mahabubnagar district on last Friday to go to Srikakulam district in view of the death of Yerran Naidu in a road accident.
The TDP Chief launched his state-wide `padayatra` on October 2, the birth anniversary of Mahatama Gandhi, and it is scheduled to conclude on Republic Day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news