TDP chief urges people to defeat Congress and YSR Congress
Kadapa (AP): TDP supremo N Chandrababu Naidu today appealed to the people of Andhra Pradesh to dislodge the Congress government in the state and also to defeat the YSR Congress party in the ensuing 2014 general polls.
Addressing workers and supporters of Telugu Desam Party (TDP) at Kodur and Rajampeta towns, Naidu said "the DNA of Congress and YSR Congress is the same".
Naidu visited the towns on his way from Renigunta to attend the marriage reception of a party functionary`s son at Kadapa this evening.
He said that keeping this in mind, people should teach a lesson to both the parties, adding that political parties should strive for people`s welfare and not for the selfish ends of politicians.
He alleged that YSR Congress president Y S Jaganmohan Reddy pledged the self respect of state and the Telugu people to Delhi to get bail and also escape from corruption cases filed against him by Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
He accused Congress, Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) and YSR Congress as the main culprits for the present political uncertainty in Andhra Pradesh.
All the three parties have joined hands to divide Andhra Pradesh for their whims and fancies, he alleged.
He also assured the youth that he would provide them a better future if elected to power during the coming elections.
Meanwhile, a bunch of BJP workers under the leadership of Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM) AP state secretary Ramesh Naidu, welcomed the former chief minister with fire crackers, at the outskirts of Rajampeta town.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured