TDP chief urges people to defeat Congress and YSR Congress
Kadapa (AP): TDP supremo N Chandrababu Naidu today appealed to the people of Andhra Pradesh to dislodge the Congress government in the state and also to defeat the YSR Congress party in the ensuing 2014 general polls.
Addressing workers and supporters of Telugu Desam Party (TDP) at Kodur and Rajampeta towns, Naidu said "the DNA of Congress and YSR Congress is the same".
Naidu visited the towns on his way from Renigunta to attend the marriage reception of a party functionary`s son at Kadapa this evening.
He said that keeping this in mind, people should teach a lesson to both the parties, adding that political parties should strive for people`s welfare and not for the selfish ends of politicians.
He alleged that YSR Congress president Y S Jaganmohan Reddy pledged the self respect of state and the Telugu people to Delhi to get bail and also escape from corruption cases filed against him by Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
He accused Congress, Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) and YSR Congress as the main culprits for the present political uncertainty in Andhra Pradesh.
All the three parties have joined hands to divide Andhra Pradesh for their whims and fancies, he alleged.
He also assured the youth that he would provide them a better future if elected to power during the coming elections.
Meanwhile, a bunch of BJP workers under the leadership of Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM) AP state secretary Ramesh Naidu, welcomed the former chief minister with fire crackers, at the outskirts of Rajampeta town.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?