TDP chief wants Jagan arrested in DA case
Kakinada (AP): Telugu Desam Party chief N Chandrababu Naidu today demanded the arrest of Kadapa MP and YSR Congress chief Y S Jaganmohan Reddy in connection with the disproportionate assets case lodged against him.
Naidu said this while addressing a public rally during his one-day election tour at Ramachandrapuram constituency in East Godavari district ahead of the by-polls to 18 assembly segments and one Lok Sabha constituency.
The former chief minister said people should neither trust the Congress not the YSR Congress, as both were "responsible for rampant corruption and had indulged in shady deals."
He demanded that tainted ministers in Andhra Pradesh should also be put behind bars.
The TDP chief further said if his party came to power in Andhra Pradesh, a separate sub-plan for the welfare of backward classes would be formulated on the lines of SC/ST sub-plan.
Asserting that backward classes had always stood by his party, Naidu said, "The TDP is committed for the welfare of the backward classes and other neglected sections of the society. If TDP comes to power, it would sanction Rs 500 pension to all senior citizens."
"It would be our endeavour to provide free rice to poor people. We not only propose fee reimbursement to college students, but also Rs 1,000 allowance to the unemployed in the state," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Powerful 6.8 magnitude quake damages Myanmar`s famed Bagan temples: Police
- Hyundai Elantra 2016: Enjoy 360 Experience drive with Shah Rukh Khan
- Police Scotland make hijab part of official uniform
- Bastian Schweinsteiger not giving up on Manchester United
- England vs Pakistan, 1st ODI: Pak Innings — As it happened...