TDP demands probe in Jagan using cellphone in pris
Hyderabad: The TDP on Monday demanded that AP government immediately conduct an inquiry into the irregularities in Chanchalguda prison where undertrial prisoner Y S Jaganmohan Reddy is allegedly allowed to use mobile phone.
In a letter to Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, TDP Politburo member Yanamala Ramakrishnudu referred to Union Minister of State for Tourism K Chiranjeevi`s address at the Pradesh Congress brainstorming session here yesterday, wherein the latter alleged that "Y S Jaganmohan Reddy has been using the cell phone to run political affairs from the jail."
"You have neither uttered a single word against Jaganmohan Reddy in your long speech (at the brainstorming session) nor rebutted the statement made by Chiranjeevi regarding use of cell phone (by Jagan).
"Is it confirmation that the Congress and the YSR Congress are negotiating a compromise to merge before the next general elections?" Yanamala questioned.
Chiranjeevi`s statement only made it clear that Jagan has been getting full support from the jail authorities to run his party matters from there itself, he alleged.
"I have written a number of letters to the Director General of Police (Prisons) on the unauthorised and illegal activities and use of cell phone in the jail by Jagan for running political affairs," the Telugu Desam Party leader said.
"I have also written to you on November 24 requesting you to cause an inquiry into the illegal affairs in the jail and take stringent action against the erring officials.
"From the circumstances, it is to be construed that your government has been extending full support to Jagan by providing special facilities, VIP treatment, liberal `mulaqats` (meeting visitors) and communication facilities," he said.
"This was not only unethical but also an act of collusion with YSR Congress by your government, the former minister alleged.
He demanded that the government immediately conduct an inquiry into this and take strong steps to stop such illegal activities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September