TDP demands probe in Jagan using cellphone in pris
Hyderabad: The TDP on Monday demanded that AP government immediately conduct an inquiry into the irregularities in Chanchalguda prison where undertrial prisoner Y S Jaganmohan Reddy is allegedly allowed to use mobile phone.
In a letter to Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, TDP Politburo member Yanamala Ramakrishnudu referred to Union Minister of State for Tourism K Chiranjeevi`s address at the Pradesh Congress brainstorming session here yesterday, wherein the latter alleged that "Y S Jaganmohan Reddy has been using the cell phone to run political affairs from the jail."
"You have neither uttered a single word against Jaganmohan Reddy in your long speech (at the brainstorming session) nor rebutted the statement made by Chiranjeevi regarding use of cell phone (by Jagan).
"Is it confirmation that the Congress and the YSR Congress are negotiating a compromise to merge before the next general elections?" Yanamala questioned.
Chiranjeevi`s statement only made it clear that Jagan has been getting full support from the jail authorities to run his party matters from there itself, he alleged.
"I have written a number of letters to the Director General of Police (Prisons) on the unauthorised and illegal activities and use of cell phone in the jail by Jagan for running political affairs," the Telugu Desam Party leader said.
"I have also written to you on November 24 requesting you to cause an inquiry into the illegal affairs in the jail and take stringent action against the erring officials.
"From the circumstances, it is to be construed that your government has been extending full support to Jagan by providing special facilities, VIP treatment, liberal `mulaqats` (meeting visitors) and communication facilities," he said.
"This was not only unethical but also an act of collusion with YSR Congress by your government, the former minister alleged.
He demanded that the government immediately conduct an inquiry into this and take strong steps to stop such illegal activities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH