TDP demands probe in Jagan using cellphone in pris
Hyderabad: The TDP on Monday demanded that AP government immediately conduct an inquiry into the irregularities in Chanchalguda prison where undertrial prisoner Y S Jaganmohan Reddy is allegedly allowed to use mobile phone.
In a letter to Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, TDP Politburo member Yanamala Ramakrishnudu referred to Union Minister of State for Tourism K Chiranjeevi`s address at the Pradesh Congress brainstorming session here yesterday, wherein the latter alleged that "Y S Jaganmohan Reddy has been using the cell phone to run political affairs from the jail."
"You have neither uttered a single word against Jaganmohan Reddy in your long speech (at the brainstorming session) nor rebutted the statement made by Chiranjeevi regarding use of cell phone (by Jagan).
"Is it confirmation that the Congress and the YSR Congress are negotiating a compromise to merge before the next general elections?" Yanamala questioned.
Chiranjeevi`s statement only made it clear that Jagan has been getting full support from the jail authorities to run his party matters from there itself, he alleged.
"I have written a number of letters to the Director General of Police (Prisons) on the unauthorised and illegal activities and use of cell phone in the jail by Jagan for running political affairs," the Telugu Desam Party leader said.
"I have also written to you on November 24 requesting you to cause an inquiry into the illegal affairs in the jail and take stringent action against the erring officials.
"From the circumstances, it is to be construed that your government has been extending full support to Jagan by providing special facilities, VIP treatment, liberal `mulaqats` (meeting visitors) and communication facilities," he said.
"This was not only unethical but also an act of collusion with YSR Congress by your government, the former minister alleged.
He demanded that the government immediately conduct an inquiry into this and take strong steps to stop such illegal activities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Why Dalits from Tamil Nadu's Karur are threatening to convert to Islam
- 'Dragon' is coming soon! Alia Bhatt-Ranbir Kapoor ready to roll
- WATCH: Virat Kohli floors Pakistan cricket fans with touching message for Aleem Dar's son
- Ashutosh Gowariker, Kay Kay Menon launch Raj Supe's new book
- Sunil Munjal to step down from Hero MotoCorp Board on August 16