TDP demands probe in Jagan using cellphone in pris
Hyderabad: The TDP on Monday demanded that AP government immediately conduct an inquiry into the irregularities in Chanchalguda prison where undertrial prisoner Y S Jaganmohan Reddy is allegedly allowed to use mobile phone.
In a letter to Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, TDP Politburo member Yanamala Ramakrishnudu referred to Union Minister of State for Tourism K Chiranjeevi`s address at the Pradesh Congress brainstorming session here yesterday, wherein the latter alleged that "Y S Jaganmohan Reddy has been using the cell phone to run political affairs from the jail."
"You have neither uttered a single word against Jaganmohan Reddy in your long speech (at the brainstorming session) nor rebutted the statement made by Chiranjeevi regarding use of cell phone (by Jagan).
"Is it confirmation that the Congress and the YSR Congress are negotiating a compromise to merge before the next general elections?" Yanamala questioned.
Chiranjeevi`s statement only made it clear that Jagan has been getting full support from the jail authorities to run his party matters from there itself, he alleged.
"I have written a number of letters to the Director General of Police (Prisons) on the unauthorised and illegal activities and use of cell phone in the jail by Jagan for running political affairs," the Telugu Desam Party leader said.
"I have also written to you on November 24 requesting you to cause an inquiry into the illegal affairs in the jail and take stringent action against the erring officials.
"From the circumstances, it is to be construed that your government has been extending full support to Jagan by providing special facilities, VIP treatment, liberal `mulaqats` (meeting visitors) and communication facilities," he said.
"This was not only unethical but also an act of collusion with YSR Congress by your government, the former minister alleged.
He demanded that the government immediately conduct an inquiry into this and take strong steps to stop such illegal activities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you