TDP demands removal of AP minister from cabinet
Hyderabad: The TDP on Friday demanded that Andhra Pradesh Labour Minister Danam Nagender be immediately removed from the state Cabinet, against whom, a criminal case has been filed for allegedly abusing police officers on duty and locking up the main gate of a temple at Banjara Hills here yesterday.
"Nagender should be arrested first and removed from the Cabinet forthwith for behaving like a street rowdy and inciting people to indulge in illegal acts," Telugu Desam Party (TDP) senior leader and former Mayor Teegala Krishna Reddy demanded.
Talking to newsmen at the party headquarters this afternoon, Teegala said, Nagender had hurt the religious sentiments of Hindus by locking up the temple gate.
He recalled that the state government itself issued an order in 2009 allocation about 4.38 acres of land to the Hare Krishna Movement for renovating and upgrading the Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy temple.
"The minister is using the local people as a cover to grab the temple land to lay a road to his personal land in the vicinity. It was the same Nagender who got hundreds of families evicted from Bhimraovada for construction of Congress party office at Nampally.
"If he is sincere about poor people, the minister should get the controversial GO revoked and house-site pattas (title deeds) issued to the displaced families," the TDP leader demanded.
It may be recalled that Nagender went to the temple yesterday with his henchmen and locked up the main gate and prevented the Hare Krishna Movement people and temple priests from entering in.
When police tried to prevent Nagender, he abused and threatened them with consequences.
Accordingly, a criminal case under various sections of IPC, including 353 (preventing a public servant from discharging official duties), has been registered against him in the Banjara Hills police station.
Nagender, however, sought to defend his illegitimate act saying he was fighting on behalf of the people who were his constituents.
"Such cases are nothing new to me. I will face them," he maintained.
TDP general secretary Varla Ramaiah also demanded immediate arrest of the "rowdy minister".
"Some members of the state Cabinet are behaving like rowdies and unsocial elements. It`s a curse for people of AP that the likes of Nagender are continuing as ministers. The Chief Minister should act at once against the errant minister," Ramaiah demanded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY