TDP demands withdrawal of central forces from Telangana
Hyderabad: The Telugu Desam Party Telangana Forum on Saturday demanded that Andhra Pradesh government immediately withdraw central para-military forces deployed at Osmania University campus here.
A delegation of TDP MLAs from Telangana met Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy at his office this afternoon and said the presence of para-military forces on OU campus was adding to the tension and demanded their withdrawal.
The MLAs alleged the para-military and police were "provoking" students by resorting to lathi-charge and firing.
"Students are being beaten up without any reason though they are organising protests in a peaceful manner. Police also resort to firing without any provocation," they said.
TDP Telangana Forum Convenor N Janardhan Reddy, senior MLAs M Narasimhulu, E Dayakar Rao, R Chandrasekhar Reddy and others were part of the delegation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof