TDP draws flak for skipping Telangana issue at party meet
Hyderabad: TRS and the Telangana political
Joint Action Committee (JAC) on Sunday attacked the TDP for not
passing a resolution in favour of separate Telangana at its
They alleged that TDP had earlier supported the Telangana
cause, but took a U-turn after the Centre announced on
December 9, 2009 that steps will be taken towards the
formation of separate Telangana.
"What we expected was just a reaffirmation of TDP`s
previous pro-Telangana promise and resolution. But, neither
the TDP president N Chandrababu Naidu, nor his party leaders
said anything on Telangana," senior TRS leader T Harish Rao
told reporters here.
"The `Mahanadu` (TDP`s annual party conclave) was full
of self-praise and criticising others. They claimed that they
ensured development. In fact, the development was only in
number of suicides of farmers, weavers, migration of workers
from Mahabubnagar. Their main target appears to be TRS and not
Congress. It shows that there is a match-fixing between TDP
and Congress," he claimed.
TRS and the JAC demanded that the TDP adopt a
pro-Telangana resolution at the `Mahanadu` that concluded
The TDP has asked the Centre to take a decision on the
Meanwhile, the JAC convener M Kodandaram said that a
resolution by TDP would have added to the pressure on the
Centre to take a decision in favour of Telangana demand.
"We knew that TDP is not in a position to take a
decision on Telangana. We asked the TDP to pass a resolution,
because it would have added to the pressure on the Centre," he
said in Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble