TDP failed to defend farmers` interests: AP Cong
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Congress chief
Botsa Satyanarayana on Saturday alleged that Telugu Desam Party
president N Chandrababu Naidu had failed to safeguard the
welfare of farmers during his party`s ten years of rule in the
He was referring to Naidu`s recent `Rythu Poru Bata`
padayatra in the drought-hit region of the state.
"He (Naidu) did not deserve to conduct such a programme,
as he had completely failed to safeguard the welfare of
farmers during the TDP-regime between 1995 and 2004."
Reacting to Naidu`s comments regarding the Volkswagen
scam, during his tour in Kadapa district yesterday, Bostsa
said, the CBI had given him clean-chit after conducting a
"Naidu says, Volkswagen has gone back from the state
because of me. He should explain why Proton car-makers had
gone back from the state without putting up a plant," Botsa
The case related to the transfer of state government
funds to `Vashishta Wahan`, the SPV of Volkswagen floated to
set up a manufacturing unit at Visakhaptanam. Satyanarayana,
who was the state`s industry minister then and was at the
centre of the controversy.
Botsa also advised Naidu to avoid using harsh words while
being in politics.
The PCC chief said, Naidu had never tried to bring state
farmers` woes to the notice of the erstwhile NDA government,
which was supported by TDP.
"During your tenure, just Rs 65 increased for paddy. You
never sent any proposals or demands to increase that (minimum
support price for paddy). Now you talk about farmers, without
doing anything during your tenure. You called yourself as CEO.
Because of your attitude, there were many hunger deaths in the
state," Botsa said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt