TDP failed to defend farmers` interests: AP Cong
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Congress chief
Botsa Satyanarayana on Saturday alleged that Telugu Desam Party
president N Chandrababu Naidu had failed to safeguard the
welfare of farmers during his party`s ten years of rule in the
He was referring to Naidu`s recent `Rythu Poru Bata`
padayatra in the drought-hit region of the state.
"He (Naidu) did not deserve to conduct such a programme,
as he had completely failed to safeguard the welfare of
farmers during the TDP-regime between 1995 and 2004."
Reacting to Naidu`s comments regarding the Volkswagen
scam, during his tour in Kadapa district yesterday, Bostsa
said, the CBI had given him clean-chit after conducting a
"Naidu says, Volkswagen has gone back from the state
because of me. He should explain why Proton car-makers had
gone back from the state without putting up a plant," Botsa
The case related to the transfer of state government
funds to `Vashishta Wahan`, the SPV of Volkswagen floated to
set up a manufacturing unit at Visakhaptanam. Satyanarayana,
who was the state`s industry minister then and was at the
centre of the controversy.
Botsa also advised Naidu to avoid using harsh words while
being in politics.
The PCC chief said, Naidu had never tried to bring state
farmers` woes to the notice of the erstwhile NDA government,
which was supported by TDP.
"During your tenure, just Rs 65 increased for paddy. You
never sent any proposals or demands to increase that (minimum
support price for paddy). Now you talk about farmers, without
doing anything during your tenure. You called yourself as CEO.
Because of your attitude, there were many hunger deaths in the
state," Botsa said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city