TDP failed to defend farmers` interests: AP Cong
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Congress chief
Botsa Satyanarayana on Saturday alleged that Telugu Desam Party
president N Chandrababu Naidu had failed to safeguard the
welfare of farmers during his party`s ten years of rule in the
He was referring to Naidu`s recent `Rythu Poru Bata`
padayatra in the drought-hit region of the state.
"He (Naidu) did not deserve to conduct such a programme,
as he had completely failed to safeguard the welfare of
farmers during the TDP-regime between 1995 and 2004."
Reacting to Naidu`s comments regarding the Volkswagen
scam, during his tour in Kadapa district yesterday, Bostsa
said, the CBI had given him clean-chit after conducting a
"Naidu says, Volkswagen has gone back from the state
because of me. He should explain why Proton car-makers had
gone back from the state without putting up a plant," Botsa
The case related to the transfer of state government
funds to `Vashishta Wahan`, the SPV of Volkswagen floated to
set up a manufacturing unit at Visakhaptanam. Satyanarayana,
who was the state`s industry minister then and was at the
centre of the controversy.
Botsa also advised Naidu to avoid using harsh words while
being in politics.
The PCC chief said, Naidu had never tried to bring state
farmers` woes to the notice of the erstwhile NDA government,
which was supported by TDP.
"During your tenure, just Rs 65 increased for paddy. You
never sent any proposals or demands to increase that (minimum
support price for paddy). Now you talk about farmers, without
doing anything during your tenure. You called yourself as CEO.
Because of your attitude, there were many hunger deaths in the
state," Botsa said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price