TDP gears up to block Chavan`s visit to AP tomorrow
Hyderabad: The TDP is gearing up to block
Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan`s scheduled visit to
Andhra Pradesh tomorrow after the neighbouring state arrested
party chief Chandrababu Naidu and refused to allow him visit
the Bhabli project site.
Chavan, an ardent devotee of Satya Sai Baba, is scheduled
to arrive by a special flight tomorrow morning in Puttaparthi
in Anantapur district and proceed to Prasanthi Nilayam, the
abode of Baba.
"We are discussing the issue and we shall chalk out our
plan of action by tomorrow," senior TDP MLA from Anantapur,
Payyavula Keshav, said.
"We will certainly prevent his entry into the state,"
With the Maharashtra government arresting Naidu and 74
TDP leaders when they sought to visit the Babhli irrigation
project site, the party is bent on preventing Chavan from
going ahead with his plans.
TDP leaders are angry over the manner in which Naidu has
been treated by the Maharashtra government and the police
"excesses" on the party legislators arrested there.
The TDP is mobilising its cadre to stop Chavan at the
Puttaparthi airport itself.
Senior TDP leaders here have informed Naidu about Chavan`s
scheduled visit to Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics