TDP gears up to block Chavan`s visit to AP tomorrow
Hyderabad: The TDP is gearing up to block
Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan`s scheduled visit to
Andhra Pradesh tomorrow after the neighbouring state arrested
party chief Chandrababu Naidu and refused to allow him visit
the Bhabli project site.
Chavan, an ardent devotee of Satya Sai Baba, is scheduled
to arrive by a special flight tomorrow morning in Puttaparthi
in Anantapur district and proceed to Prasanthi Nilayam, the
abode of Baba.
"We are discussing the issue and we shall chalk out our
plan of action by tomorrow," senior TDP MLA from Anantapur,
Payyavula Keshav, said.
"We will certainly prevent his entry into the state,"
With the Maharashtra government arresting Naidu and 74
TDP leaders when they sought to visit the Babhli irrigation
project site, the party is bent on preventing Chavan from
going ahead with his plans.
TDP leaders are angry over the manner in which Naidu has
been treated by the Maharashtra government and the police
"excesses" on the party legislators arrested there.
The TDP is mobilising its cadre to stop Chavan at the
Puttaparthi airport itself.
Senior TDP leaders here have informed Naidu about Chavan`s
scheduled visit to Andhra Pradesh.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory