TDP hails HC verdict on petition against Naidu
Hyderabad: There was jubilation in the
Telugu Desam Thursday after the Andhra Pradesh High Court struck
down a `public interest litigation` filed by YSR Congress
seeking a multi-agency investigation into the assets of party
President N Chandrababu Naidu.
The petition was filed by YSR Congress Honorary
President and MLA Y S Vijaya, who is widow of former Chief
Minister Y S Rajasekhara Reddy.
TDP MLAs distributed sweets in the Assembly after the
HC verdict even as a relieved Naidu maintained that those who
did nothing wrong would not face any problem. "I have done no
wrong...no one can do anything to me. The High Court verdict
The TDP President pointed out that there was nothing
new in the allegations made in the petition. "She (Vijaya)
doesn`t seem to have faith in the investigations launched by
her (late) husband Y S Rajasekhara Reddy (against Naidu)."
The Leader of Opposition alleged the YSR family had
been adopting a vengeful attitude towards him for the past
YSR himself constituted many Cabinet sub-committees
and even went to court but could not prove any wrongdoing, the
former Chief Minister maintained.
TDP Politburo member Yanamala Ramakrishnudu welcomed
the HC verdict and said Vijaya filed the petition at the
behest of her son and Kadapa MP Y S Jaganmohan Reddy as part
of "political vendetta".
"The petition against Chandrababu Naidu was filed as
part of the agreement Jagan had with the Congress high
command. Jagan entered into the agreement after the CBI
launched investigations against him," Yanamala alleged.
Former Union Minister K Yerran Naidu said the ruling
was a slap on the face of those who sought to gain political
mileage by filing false petitions against opponents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read